Commencing September 2022
CAO Course Code: GY101
Duration: 3 years
Entry Requirements: Minimum Grade H5 in two subjects and passes in fourother subjects at O6/H7 level in the Leaving Certificate,including Irish, English, another language, and threeother subjects recognised for entry purposes.
- Introduction to Visual Culture
- Introduction to Performance Studies
- Film Studies
- Theatre Studies
- Digital Storytelling
- Film Theory
- European Cinema
- Social Media as Performance
- Sports Studies
- Musical Theatre
- Performance Studies and Social Activism
- Applied Performance Studies (10 ECTS)
- Creative Industries Business andProducing (10 ECTS)
And select two from the following options:
- Performance and Media Studies:Frontiers and Futures
- Media Audiences
- Sport and Cinema
- Screening Ireland
- Gender & Sexuality Onscreen
- Documentary and Creative FictionOnscreen
- Early & Silent Cinema
- Alternative and Activist Media
All classes are delivered in lecture format and are assessed through continuous assessment and project work.
Students spend an average of 12 hours aweek attending lectures for this subject and also undertake independent study both individually and in groups.
Work Placement or Study Abroad Opportunities are available. Students completing this subject will be well equiped to succeed in the Creative Industries.
To find out more contact: Prof Patrick Lonergan, email@example.com