Our research interests
Current research interests among the lecturing staff include the following:
- Bilingualism and cultural fusion
- The Classical inheritance in medieval and modern literature
- Comparative and structural analysis of myth
- Digital editing
- Education and scholarship in Antiquity and the early Middle Ages
- Ethnicity and identity
- Field archaeology, esp. in south Italy
- Glosses, glossaries and scholia
- Greek in the early medieval west
- Heroic literature and ideology
- Indo-European studies
- Language change, historical semantics
- Palaeography and the culture of the book
See the profiles of individual staff members to find out more about their research interests.
Have a look at some of our staff research projects.
Find out more about our current and recent PhD students.