Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
The print service allows users to print, copy and scan documents using the Multi-Function Printers (MFP) located around campus. Print jobs can be sent to a Multi-Function Printer (often referred to as a 'Print Queue', i.e. when you click File, Print and select your printer) via PC's (PC Suite), Email (through your NUI Galway e-mail account) or Wi-Fi (requires wireless package download).
Printing at NUI Galway MFP's is a two step process
- Your print job has to be sent to a printer via the following methods: PC's (PC Suite), Email (through your NUI Galway e-mail account) or Wi-Fi (requires wireless package download).
- Your print job then has to be released at a printer, by you, at which time the cost of printing will be taken from your Print Credit.
Who can use this service?
- The service can also be used by members of the public via the Library Walk-in service
Users must have:
- A network attached PC or an NUIGWiFi enabled laptop
- A valid Campus Account and sufficient print credit
- For email printing, the user must submit the job while logged into their NUI, Galway e-mail account
For Library walk-in users, they must purchase a Walk-In card, available at the vending machine located near the library entrance. They can then use any of the MFPs in the college.
- In the General Access PC suites, all print queues are installed by default. Users can select which queue they wish to use: BW_Release - Black & White printing only, Colour_Release - colour printing. The print jobs are submitted to a release queue and you can visit any MFP to release and print your job, you will be charged once your job is released. If you are printing a colour job, ensure the printer you choose is a Colour_Release MFP. Your print job will be available up to 24 hours after the job was submitted.
- In the Departmental PC suites, there may be printers available within the suite, you can use these to print your document by clicking File > Print and selecting the default printer (Departmental Printer). It is also possible to use the two MFP print queues mentioned above by choosing the one you wish to use. Please note print jobs sent to Departmental PC Suite printers do not need to be released and that once you confirm the Print Credit costs, your print job will print automatically.
Purchasing Print Credit Online
You can purchase print credit online at printcredit.nuigalway.ie.
- Click on 'Top-Up Your Own Credit'.
- Input your User ID and your Campus Account Password.
- Click on 'Online Top-up'.
- Fill in the amount you wish to credit to your account (€10.00 minimum) and you will be redirected to a secure payment page for you to enter your credit or debit card details.
The print credit will be immediately added into your account.
Purchasing Print Credit From Cash Kiosks
Credit can also be purchased from Print Kiosks located in: the Print Release Room 104, Chemistry, opposite the Arts and Science PC Suite in the Arts & Science Building, the front foyer in the Cairnes' Building, the Engineering Building and also in the James Hardiman Library.
- Scan your card or login manually using the touch screen monitor.
- Your balance will be displayed, insert the notes or coins to credit your account.
- Your balance will be updated on the screen and available to user immediately.
Checking Credit Balance
You can check your print credit balance online at printcredit.nuigalway.ie.