Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
William D. Forde Direct Loan Program
There are several federal programs available for U.S. citizens (or eligible non-citizens) who are enrolled at NUI Galway at least half-time in a Degree, Masters or PhD program as follows:
- Federal Direct Loans (Subsidized & UnSubsidized)
- Federal Direct PLUS loans
Please note, the following programs are NOT eligible for Federal Aid:
- Higher Diplomas
- Programs at the Burren College of Art
- Programs with any time based in the US
Please note, Pell Grants are not an option at NUI Galway as it is a 'foreign institution'.
Private Loans through SallieMae may be an option for some students, subject to credit check and lending criteria.
How to apply for Federal Aid
1. Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online
The application process takes time so you are advised to start your application after you have filed your taxes in April. The first step in the application process is to complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ .Please note, our school code is G12766.
2. Send supporting documents and a completed NUI Galway Federal Aid Application form to NUI Galway. The report resulting from your FAFSA application (your Student Aid Report or 'SAR') will NOT automatically be sent to NUI Galway. As such, we will not know that you have applied until you complete NUI Galway's application for federal aid. For full details on the application process and documents required, please see the 'Federal Aid Student Application Guide' at the end of this page. Please take the time to read this guide thoroughly before completing your application. DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS JULY 1st. Applications received after this date may be subject to delays.
All student loans are subject to the maximum limit of a student's 'Cost of Attendance', which is an estimate of tuition plus living costs as determined by the University.
Federal Aid Guide 2017-18
Download the Federal Aid Student Application Guide Federal Aid Student Guide 2017-18
Note: all required forms can be found at the back of the 'Federal Aid Student Application Guide' (above)
For questions on Federal Aid, please EMAIL email@example.com Please note, Federal Aid Office hours are 9am-1pm. Due to the difficulty posed by timezones differences, email is the preferred method of communication.
|Additional Resources and Links|