You can apply for our Online Summer Courses through our Online Application Portal. All our on-campus face-to-face courses have been cancelled for Summer 2021 due to the Coronavirus Covid-19 pandemic.
Applications for the Archaeological Schools are conducted through the schools directly and have individual deadlines that vary each year - please ensure your refer to the course pages for all relevant information on the application procedures for the Achill Archaeological Field School, Caherconnell Archaeological Field School and Galway Archaeological FieldSchool. All Archaeological Schools have been cancelled due to the Coronavirus Covid-19 pandemic.
- Check out the entry requirements for your course. These are listed under the Key Facts tab on the individual course webpages.
- Check out the closing date for the course. The closing dates for the Irish Studies, Irish Language, Ecology, Business & International Management and Online Summer Courses are typically in late-April to early-May each academic year. Applications for the Archaeological Schools are conducted through the schools directly and have individual deadlines that vary each year - please ensure you refer to the course pages for all relevant information on the closing date specified and make sure that you adhere to this deadline.
- Have all your Supporting Documents ready to upload with your application. You will be requested to submit these throughout your application process.
- Go to the Online Application Portal and create an account. You will need an active email account to create an account and to use the application system. You will be guided through the system, step by step, until you complete the online form. For step-by step instructions, please refer to our Application Guide.
- Read carefully and answer all the application questions correctly, as per the Application Guide. Please pay particular attention to the following steps:
For Irish Studies and Ecology applicants, please ensure you include the names of your module choices in the relevant section – Irish Studies applicants must choose 2 modules in the offering (see course modules for details), while Ecology applicants must indicate their module choices in order to establish their arrival & departure dates.
Please ensure that your name matches your Proof of Identification documentation uploaded.
In the “Fee Information” section, enter “No” under both the below questions – this is one of the standardised questions on all NUI Galway application forms. It does not have an implication on Summer School applications are costs are fixed.
Evidence of your GPA is a mandatory requirement for the Summer School application process. Please indicate your score on the form as below and prepare your proof of GPA to be uploaded as Supporting Documentation at the end of the process.
The section on Second Level School Details and External Awards/Other Relevant Qualifications are not required as part of the Summer School application and should be skipped on the form.
Please ensure that you refer to the English Language Requirements if you are applying from a non-English speaking region.
Work Experience is not relevant to Summer School admissions so is not required.
- Upload a copy of all official documents into the relevant sections in the tab called Upload Supporting Documents Page. This section will only become visible once you have ‘submitted’ your application. Once all the documents are uploaded, your application status should change to ‘completed’.
- Ensure you get a confirmation email to notify you that your application is complete when you upload all mandatory documentation. When you log into the portal, the status on your application should read ‘completed’.
BEST OF LUCK!
How to Accept or Decline an offer of a place?
Congratulations, you have been made an offer for your part-time course via the online application system. If you intend to accept/decline the offer, please read the information below.
To accept or decline a firm offer of your place, you will be required to:
- Please confirm acceptance/non-acceptance of the offer via the online system by clicking ACCEPT or DECLINE in the relevant section.
- Secure your course place by paying online a deposit of €500 by the response deadline as specified in your online account – this deposit is offset against the full fee payment. If you are not in a position to pay the deposit within the ACCEPT period, please contact the course administrator for your course who will advise you on next steps.
What do I do if I have a problem with my application?
If you have an issue with or question regarding your application, contact the course administrator at: email@example.com for guidance.