Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Integrated Learning Experience
Transformational Leadership is the core pillar of our MBA programme. In this pillar we have designed an integrated learning experience consisting of the combination of three leadership modules and an integrated learning activity. The modules are:
- Leadership Development, which provides participants with a personally reflective journey in understanding oneself as a leader.
- International Leadership Gateway at Fordham, which provides participants with an exceptional, experiential Global perspective on leadership.
- Leadership & Change, which provides participants with the skills, tools and know-how to lead change.
- Participants then undertake their Applied Strategic Leadership Project which is the key integrated learning activity that solidifies the participant’s Transformational Leadership journey.
Innovating Success: The modern MBA graduate is expected to innovate success and our programme is designed to develop the acumen to do just that. This pillar centres on fostering success by empowering people, motivating continuous innovation and driving achievement through internal and external business consulting.
Business for Society: The modern MBA graduate is charged with leading innovative success that will offer our region, our country and our planet a sustainable future. We believe in values consistent with a business for society motivation and this pillar centres on sustainability, ethics & governance and understanding the role of business and its leaders in the broader economic, societal and global realms.
Block Release and Blended Activity
There are 5 blocks of 2 days on campus per semester, for timetable click here
Prior to coming on-site, there will be induction activities that will be conducted online.
In addition to the block dates there will be blended academic content.
- Off-block hours will generally consist of one evening per week of live online lectures .These lectures will beapproximately 3 hours in duration and will take place between each block.
- The extent to which we can deliver on-campus, will be subject to the prevailing public health advice (particularly with respect to social distancing)
Provisional dates for off-block hours are:
Semester I: 16 Sept, 30 Sept, 7 Oct, 21 Oct, 28 Oct, 11 Nov and 18 November 2021.
Semester II: 27 Jan, 3 Feb, 17 Feb, 24 Feb and 10 March 2022.