Laptop Loan Scheme 2021
COVID-19 Laptop Loan Scheme
There are some laptops available from the Covid-19 Laptop Scheme. If you need a laptop for your studies, please see eligilibity criteria below:
- If your own or your family income is at or below €60,000 gross in 2020, you may apply to be considered for a laptop loan (income evidence must be uploaded).
- If your family income has been impacted by Covid 19 restrictions, and your family are in receipt of the Pandemic Unemployment Payment at present, you may also apply for a laptop loan (evidence must be uploaded).
Evidence of income for 2020 AND evidence of the Pandemic Unemployment Payment (if applicable) must be supplied.
Please note that if there are more applicants than there are laptops available, applications will be ranked in terms of disadvantage.
- To be eligible for a laptop you must be registered as a full or part-time student in 2021-22 and be from a household, with an annual household income up to a limit of €60,000 gross.
- If your family income has been impacted by COVID-19 restrictions, and your parents / guardians or partner are currently in receipt of the Pandemic Unemployment Payment, you may also apply for a laptop loan (Evidence of PUP must be uploaded. Evidence of 2020 income must also be provided as above).
- Eligibility will be on a needs basis, prioritised as appropriate by St. Angela’s College. In all cases, St. Angela’s College must be satisfied that a student who receives a device under this grant has demonstrated a verifiable need for such a device e.g. they are from one of the identified target groups and they or their family do not have the means to purchase such a device themselves.
- Each applicant will be considered for eligibility on a case-by-case basis. The Welfare Committee will take into consideration all the circumstances of each applicant, based on information provided.
Allocation of devices will be based on the target groups identified in the National Plan for Equity of Access to Higher Education 2015-2019 (see below list of target groups):
- Students disadvantaged by socio-economic barriers
- First-time mature students
- Students with disabilities
- Part-time/flexible learning students
- Students who hold further education qualifications or former Access students
- Students who are members of the Traveller and Roma communities.
- Students who are lone parents
- Students who are members of ethnic minorities
Learn more: COVID-19 Laptop Loan Scheme
How do I apply?
Please apply through the online form HERE for Laptop Loan Scheme.
Please make sure to upload your documents as requested on the form.