Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Withdrawing from NUI Galway
Circumstances occasionally arise that can cause a student to consider leaving NUI Galway before having completed their course of study.
1 You must contact your College Contacts for advice on your options including Leave of Absence
3 Check deadlines
4 Be aware of support services available to you
Students may withdraw until the 1st of March, it is not possible to withdraw after this date.
- Fees Deadlines : Students remain liable for fees up until the date on which they formally submit a withdrawal form online.
Fees Dates for 2022-2023
Date by which Online Withdrawal Form is submitted Impact
- Up to and including Friday 30th September 2022 Leave with no fee impact
- Between 01/10/2022 and 31/01/2023 Forfeit 50% tuition, 50% student contribution charge and 100% student levy
- If a student formally withdraws from their course on or after the 1st of February the student is liable for the full fees for the Academic year.
- International students should contact the International office to check out possible visa implications of withdrawing from their course of study
If you decide to withdraw
The online Course withdrawal form is now closed for academic year 2021-2022.
- Postgraduate Research Students complete course_withdrawal_form_research_students
- Complete the Course Withdrawal Survey
- Inform your funding agency / sponsor that you are withdrawing
- Return items on loan from the Library and pay any outstanding Library fines
- Return your Student ID card to the Student Registry Helpdesk by post or in person.
- Return your Parking permit to the Parking Office by post or in person.
What happens next?:
Once you have submitted the completed withdrawal form online,
- The de-registration procedure will begin immediately and relevant authorities within the University will be informed.
- Once the process has been initiated, it will not be possible for the student to re-register until the next Academic year following application through the normal route.eg CAO
- The date of withdrawal is the date on which the University receives the completed Course Withdrawal Form online
- Where a student is withdrawn from a programme, their academic record for that year is void. This means that credit cannot be attained for any modules undertaken in the year of study from which they have withdrawn, even if completed prior to formal withdrawal.