Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
Research & Innovation
Research & Innovation
NUI Galway’s vibrant research community take on some of the most pressing challenges of our times.
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Covid-19 Level 5 update - Access Restrictions to Campus
Our service is working remotely and has limited access to Campus.
Transcripts for Final Year Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students:
Please note the following:
- The first issue of your transcript is provided by the Examinations Office, which is posted to your home address at the time of online results release. SRH will not be issuing the first issue of your transcript and will not reprint final year exam results until 25 days after the official release date.
- Official Exam results release dates are available https://www.nuigalway.ie/exams/results/
- It is the Students responsibility to ensure that your home postal address is correct. Please check your address on your Cass Account https://cass.nuigalway.ie/xlWebApp/
- If your Home address needs to be changed, please email this request to email@example.com no later than June 1st, 2021 (undergraduates) and July 1st, 2021 (postgraduates).
- For address change requests received after this deadline, there is no guarantee that they will be processed in time for the posting of transcripts. Because of this, your transcripts may be posted to an old address.
- If your address is incorrect at the time transcripts are posted, you will need to order your transcript at http://www.nuigalway.ie/student-registry-helpdesk/our-services/transcripts/ and will incur a fee.
- Student Registry Helpdesk provides a transcript reprint service for which a fee is charged.
Online Exam Transcript form only works on Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla or mobile browsers. It does not work with Internet Explorer browser.
There is a 10 working-day processing period for standard transcripts
& a five-week processing period for archive transcripts (pre-1986).
Under the Data Protection Act, Transcript Request forms must be signed by the student or graduate whose results are being requested.
Under the Data Protection Act, we cannot discuss the student's or graduate’s results with anyone other than the student or graduate themselves.
Click here to submit your request - Online Transcript Request Form
1 year results €4 (2 copies)
2 years results €8 (2 copies)
Complete set of results €10 (2 copies)
- If there is an outstanding University Fees issue, we are not authorized to release results until Fees are fully paid.
- Transcripts are posted by normal postal service.
- We do not send transcripts via courier, express or registered post.
- If you require specialised postal services for delivery of transcripts, you will be charged extra for postage.
- Card payment is not automated – it is processed manually once transcripts are processed and issued.
- We do not translate Irish language exam transcripts to English. You will need to contact a professional accredited translation service.
- Please do not submit a duplicate Transcript Request, as you will be charged twice.
Teaching Council Applicants
The Teaching Council may request you to submit a breakdown of subjects, module descriptors or a course syllabus. While our service can provide transcripts,
Please email your relevant College Office i.e. Arts, Science etc., to request course syllabus or module descriptors. Visit the Teaching Council website if you require clarification on their requirements.
HEANET File Sender - Encrypted Delivery option
If a student or graduate wishes to have their transcripts sent to an external company, verification agency, University, etc., in a secure and encrypted way, they need to select and include this option on the Transcript Request form:
- Select the option on delivery option File Sender.
- Insert the Company / Institute contact email address in the ‘Special Requirements’ field.
- If applicable please provide the Company / Institute Applicant number in the 'Special Requirements' field
WES Canada & USA Applicants
Our service can now send your WES form and transcripts via SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) directly from NUI Galway to WES Canada & USA servers. This is an improvement to our service as we no longer have to post hard copies to WES Canada & USA respective services.
Please note that you can upload the WES form, including application number, to the Online Transcript Request system for processing by Student Registry Helpdesk Team .
Erasmus / Visiting Students
Transcripts of results for visiting students will be issued to the home university approximately six weeks after the examinations end by the International Office firstname.lastname@example.org
Transcripts will be mailed to the Study Abroad Institution in respect of Occasional Arts Students and to the Home Institution in respect of Erasmus Students.
International Summer School Transcripts
To request exam transcripts from NUI Galway International Summer School, please click the following link International Summer School
For further support on Summer School transcripts, please contact email@example.com
Parchment Duplicate & Translation
Degree Parchment translation from Latin to English is a service offered only by NUI headquarters in Dublin. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or the postal address below.
Degree Parchments duplicates are only available from NUI headquarters in Dublin. Please contact email@example.com or the postal address below.
49 Merrion Square,
Tel : 01-4392424