Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Computer Science Summer School Information
The Computer Science Summer School at NUI Galway is an excellent opportunity to immerse yourself in the exciting area of computing for a day of interactive and informative events designed for students of all abilities and backgrounds.
Regardless of whether you are a technophobe, or a computer whizz kid, this is a day designed to engage both your creative skills, your imagination into what is possible through technology and making sure to have fun in the process. There will be a range of lectures from our academic staff and interactive sessions on topics such as multi-media, cybersecurity and espionage.
The day will assist you in deciding whether a degree programme in computing at NUI Galway meets your expectations of an exciting, dynamic career which is full of opportunities.
Date: Thursday 27th June 2019
Enquiries: For more information contact: Deirdre Noonan at firstname.lastname@example.org
The summer school includes:
* Interactive lectures, labs and tutorials in a format similar to a typical day at university.
* A range of fun and engaging topics covered that are suited to students from all backgrounds with or without prior knowledge of computing.
* A dedicated segment on applying through the CAO for Computer Science
|9.30am||Summer school begins|
|1pm-2.00pm||Lunch (provided, free of charge)|
|4pm||Summer School finishes|
Who can apply?
The Summer School is open to all second level senior cycle students including TY students. Maximum number of places for the Summer School is 50. Register now to avoid disappointment.
What does it cost?
The Summer School is FREE to attend and lunch is also provided on the day.
Where will the Computer Science Summer School take place?
It will take place in the IT Building on the main campus. Registration takes place at the Circle in the main foyer of the IT Building from 9am – 9:20am
Rules and Guidelines:
- Students must follow direction from all academic staff and NUI Galway student ambassadors at all times.
- Students will be supervised by NUI Galway staff for the duration of the Summer School from 9am-4pm. Supervision will not be provided outside these hours.
- If parents need to collect a student before the event finishes they need to highlight this with a Summer School staff member prior to the day.
- Consent will be sought for photographs that include students during the Summer School. These may be used for promotional purposes by NUI Galway. Students who do not wish to be photographed need to let a staff member know.
- Students are not permitted to visit the campus bar.