Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
Research & Innovation
Research & Innovation
NUI Galway’s vibrant research community take on some of the most pressing challenges of our times.
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Header & Footer
What are bookmarklets?
First, install any of the below bookmarklets on your browser toolbar (see the rightbar on this page for instructions).
Then, when you are in Site Manager, simply click on the relevant bookmarklet to invoke that behaviour.
Bookmarklets for All Users
Launch Site ManagerUse the Site Manager bookmarklet to launch the CMS with one click. It will open in a new browser tab so you don't lose what you were looking at beforehand. And it ensures the welcome screen will load - where you'll see any messages we send to you.
Simplify Site ManagerWhen adding or modifying a section, you can simplify your view with Simplify-SM (latest version: 1.3) .
This will remove all the rarely used options and change some of the more confusing labels. However, the more full view will appear whenever the page reloads (e.g. after you save your change).
Edit the Live Page you're onWhen browsing the NUI Galway website, you can click on
Note: this only works for the green (2015/2016) responsive NUI Galway page layout (which means it works for most web pages).
But you may prefer to use
Drill down to the section you're editing in the mini site structureWhen you use one of the above bookmarklets, or follow a bookmark (or link) to a section in Site Manager, the content is editable but you cannot see it in the site structure, on the left hand side, which is still fully collapsed. Simply click on Site Structure: Go to This Page (Chrome and IE Only) to drill down to the current page and scroll it into view in the leftbar. Note: this may get confused by other sections with the exact same name in the site structure.
Make the mini-site structure / media library categories tallerIn the Media Library or when editing sections/content, Show full-length left bar for easier item selection. (IE & Chrome only)
Thanks to Chris Loughnane from http://www.promarketing365.com/, who thought of it and suggested the CSS modifications.
Toggle between 'Modify Content' and 'Modify Section' viewsIt can be a little annoying when you need to change a section's properties (Name, Ouput URI, Keywords, etc.) but you're in 'Modify Content' mode (where the General Tab is not editable and all other tabs are not visible). Use this bookmarklet to quickly toggle between Modify Content / Section without having to go back to the site structure.
Working with lots of content in a sectionIn the Content Tab, you can Count Content Types or else Select Multiple Content Types in the list that match the searchword you enter (e.g. to quickly select all 'Inactive' content types).
Bookmarklets for Power Users / Administrators
- You can Toggle Auto-Scroll when you're performing manual publishes/transfers. It also works when you're modifying the content of a section that contain hundreds of content types.
- When purging content from the recycle bin, you can first Count Recycled Content. And use this Checkbox Search 'n' Select tool to quickly select all items with, say, 'DELETE' in their name or section (huge time saver).
- To quickly get the complete list of people who are in a group you are looking at, use the Copy Group Info bookmarklet. This puts the info into your computer's clipboard for pasting (with Ctrl-V).
- When you're browsing the web site, all newer page templates contain Page Layout, SID, and Keywords information. Use this bookmarklet to quickly find the section ID (SID) to edit in site manager.
Other Useful Bookmarklets
- You can link directly to an anchor in a page. Anchors are invisible but the browser scrolls down to it as soon as the page loads. If the anchor is in an accordion segment, that segment will automatically open. Show/Hide (FAQ) items automatically create anchors and they will also open automatically if you follow a link to their anchor.
Link to an anchor by adding #anchor_name to the normal page web address. E.g. www.nuigalway.ie/training/faqs/images/#web-ready
You can look for the anchor name in t4 but it's faster to use this bookmark, which shows the names of all anchors on the current page: Show Anchors
- When you search a page with Ctrl-F (or Command-F if you use a Mac), you only search the visible text on the page. So use this to search for links that contain your search phrase in the web addresses they point to: Search Link Targets
Installing Bookmarklets1. Make sure your browser's Bookmarks bar is visible.
All browsers:Use the keyboard sequence:2. Drag any or all of the highlighted links in the body of this page up to your bookmarks bar.
Ctrl-Shift-Bto show/hide the bookmarks bar.
LegendPre-cloud bookmarklet that also works on the cloud
Pre-cloud bookmarklet, modified to work on the cloud
If you're using any of the modified or updated (i.e. blue- or purple-highlighted) ones, make sure you right-click and delete your old version - then drag up the modified (blue) version to your bookmarks bar.
More Site Manager-related bookmarklets will appear here as they are developed.All bookmarklets developed by Evan Ryder, University WWW Technologist. Ext. 2084