Work with us
Core Lab fellowship opportunities
If you are interested in a fellowship with the CORRIB Core Lab please send your CV to CORRIB.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galway CORRIB Cardiovascular Research Fellowship 2020-2025
The Cardiovascular Research Centre for Advanced Imaging and Core Lab (CORRIB) is a recently established research centre in the National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland in collaboration with several medical and biomedical institutions and centres at NUIG.
The CORRIB research centre is led by two Medical Directors: Professor Osama Soliman and Professor Yoshi Onuma, and two senior consultants: Professor William Wijns and Professor Patrick Serruys, who founded the centre in January 2020. The centre main focus is the applied clinical translational research CORRIB centre operates in diverse cardiovascular areas under joint leadership with other NUIG schools including biomedical engineering and school of computer sciences in the field of deep learning, computational modelling and big data.
The CORRIB Cardiovascular Clinical Research Fellowship, at the National University of Ireland, Galway provides the opportunity to cardiologists and engineers worldwide to work and learn shoulder to shoulder with some of the best in the world in the area of clinical trials, Medtech device in cardiology. Mentors are senior clinical trialists who collectively led/participated in hundreds clinical trials, multicentre registries, and imaging core lab activities over approximately 4 decades.
Galway provides a unique ecosystem for Medtech and Cardiovascular research advancement. NUI Galway have invested to build an end-to-end team of Medtech global experts - including prevention, diagnosis, treatment, research, clinical trials and new device and treatment discovery.
The CORRIB Research Centre builds on this strategic priority and brings together some of the world's best in this field. This clinical research program presents an unrivalled opportunity to work alongside such pioneers and global experts in cardiovascular imaging, clinical trials, and innovation in medicine, in an ambitious programme of cardiovascular clinical research in a University that values innovation and collaboration.
The clinical research program accepts trained cardiologists who are willing to pursue research experience overseas with the following minimum requirements:
- Completed a full clinical training in Cardiology or at least completed 3-years of basic cardiology training
- Have own funding. We support scholarship application for funding for selected candidates.
- For CORRIB Scholarship – for experienced candidate (waiting list applies)
- Visiting scientific researcher (without registration for the master or PhD programme) – minimum 6 months
- PhD clinical research fellow (application to GRC and institutional tuition fees applies) – minimum 3 years
The research program offers countless opportunities to learn and engage in cutting-edge cardiovascular research including the following learning themes:
- Comprehensive learning of all aspects of cardiovascular clinical trials in real-time (from design, protocol development to reporting)
- How to create an imaging charter in clinical trials?
- How to write and review a manuscript?
- How to conduct a systematic review and meta-analysis?
- Foundations of structural Heart Interventions
- Foundations of Coronary Interventions
- All about Cardiovascular Imaging acquisition, analysis and interpretation (Echocardiography, MSCT, MRI, Angiography, Intracoronary Imaging)
- Patient specific and virtual patient simulations for structural Heart Interventions (FEA, CFD, SFI)
- Multi-modality imaging integration guiding structural valve interventions
- AI and Deep machine learning applications in Cardiovascular Research
- How to conduct evidence based research?
Currently, there are several open positions in the following areas:
- Multi-modality imaging for planning and guidance of structural heart interventions
- Device therapy for right-sided heart failure from bench to bedside
- Applications of precision medicine in cardio-oncology
Candidates who met the basic requirements are invited to a virtual interview and an expedited visa program to be able to join academic year 2020. If you are interested, please send your CV along with a motivation letter to CORRIB.email@example.com