Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
Business & Industry
Guiding Breakthrough Research at NUI Galway
We explore and facilitate commercial opportunities for the research community at NUI Galway, as well as facilitating industry partnership.
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
How to find us
Situated near the bustling city of Galway, the university is easily accessible by car and public transport. We'll also provide directions from the airport.
Travelling by Car
Follow the directions below, or use this journey plannerto plan your exact route.
From the South
- From Cork or Limerick, approach Galway on the N18. You'll by-pass Ennis & Gort and pass through Adrahan and Clarinbridge.
- Arrive at the Oranmore roundabout just outside Galway. Take the second exit at this roundabout.
- From Oranmore to NUI Galway, follow the dual carriageway (N6) until the Martin roundabout and take the second exit, sign-posted Galway West.
- At the next roundabout take the second exit, sign-posted Clifden.
- Continue on to Kirwan roundabout, take the second exit.
- Come to your sixth and last roundabout and take the fourth exit, sign-posted Clifden.
- Turn left at the next traffic lights, towards Lower Salthill.
- Continue on until the next traffic lights, and turn left into the Newcastle Road entrance to the University.
From the North/East
- From Dublin and Belfast, continue onto M4 (signs for Sligo). At junction 1, exit onto M6 toward Galway and follow signs for Galway.
- Arrive at roundabout off M6. Take the first exit at this roundabout and the third exit at the next roundabout just up ahead which will bring you on to the Dublin Road.
- Continue straight on the Dublin Road following the directions for City West to NUI Galway.
Travelling by Public Transport
Galway is easily accessible by public transport.
- Trains: Galway's train station is just off Eyre Square. The city's very well serviced by rail and only 2.5 hours away from Dublin. Find out more information on services and timetables.
- Buses: You can travel to Galway using frequent services offered by our public bus service, or use one of the private bus services such as CityLink or GoBus. Direct (non-stop) buses from Dublin take 2.5 hours.
- From the city centre, you can take a taxi to the university, or take the No.4 Bus in the direction of Newcastle from Eyre Square, near the train station, which is the normal drop-off point for buses.
Travelling by Air
The University is within easy reach of Galway Airport, Ireland West Airport Knock, Dublin, and Shannon airports.
- Shannon Airport and Ireland West Airport Knock are both just an hour's drive from Galway. To get to Galway, you can travel by bus with Bus Éireann or CityLink. Alternatively, car hire is easily available at these airports.
- Dublin International Airport is 3 hours drive from Galway city. You can fly from Dublin to Galway airport, or rent a car and drive using our journey planner to help you find your way. There are also a number of frequent and reliable bus services to choose from to travel to Galway, including: Bus Éireann, CityLink and GoBus.