Leading Irish Artists to talk at NUI Galway
Sunday, 9 September 2001
NUI, Galway will host Talking Through Their Arts, a series of illustrated talks by six major Irish artists between September and December 2001. This initiative follows on from the highly popular Introduction to Contemporary Irish Art series, which the University hosted in Autumn/Winter 2000. The featured artists work in a variety of media including video and new technologies, performance, sculpture, painting etc. and are among the nation's leaders in each of their chosen fields. The general public is once again invited to enjoy these talks which will give voice to the individual creative process and, in so doing, bring to light issues in contemporary Irish art. Each of the artists will survey their own work using slides, discuss their art-making process and share their thoughts on Irish art today.
The talks take place fortnightly, on Tuesdays, in the Ó hEocha Theatre, in the Arts Millennium Building, NUI, Galway. Tickets are £3/£2 per session or £15/£10 for a season ticket and are available at the door. The first talk in the series will begin on 25 September.
- Tuesday 25 September : Nigel Rolfe - Performance Artist
- Tuesday 9 October : Alanna O'Kelly - Multimedia Artist
- Tuesday 23 October : Dermot Seymour - Graphic Artist
- Tuesday 6 November : Gwen O'Dowd - Abstract Painter
- Tuesday 20 November : Robert Ballagh - Pop Artist / Designer
- Tuesday 4 December : Eilís O'Connell - Sculptor / Public Art
Information from: Máire Mhic Uidhir, Press Officer, NUI, Galway Tel. 091 750418