Information Evenings and Special Web site for New NUI Galway Students
Tuesday, 19 August 2008
NUI Galway has created a special website to support the thousands of students accepting places at the University via the CAO. The 'Firstinfo' Web site (http://firstinfo.nuigalway.ie) provides information on topics including accommodation and registration. In addition, the NUI Galway Alumni Association is hosting its ninth annual series of information evenings for parents and students in counties Donegal, Sligo, Mayo, Galway, Clare and Westmeath. At the evening sessions, NUI Galway Alumni Association Board Members and Students' Union representatives will advise students on what to expect when arriving at NUI Galway and will answer any questions relating to university life. The topics covered will include Accommodation, Finance and the Students' Assistance Fund, Safety, Careers, Counselling, Clubs and Societies, and the Students' Union. Information evenings or 'Student Send-Offs' will take place at 7pm in the following venues:
- Sligo, Tuesday, 26 August: Sligo Park Hotel, Pearse Road, Sligo Town.
- Clare, Wednesday, 27 August: Temple Gate Hotel, Ennis, Co. Clare.
- Galway, Thursday, 28 August: Lecture Theatre MY001, Áras Moyola, NUI Galway.
- Donegal, Monday, 1 September: Pier One, Donegal Town.
- Mayo, Tuesday, 2 September: TF Royal Hotel & Theatre, Old Westport Road, Castlebar, Co. Mayo.
- Westmeath, Wednesday, 3 September: Hodson Bay Hotel, Athlone, Co. Westmeath.
- Galway, Thursday, 4 September: Lecture Theatre MY001, Áras Moyola, NUI Galway.