Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
NUI Galway Laptop Loan Scheme
Student Laptop Loan Scheme
Application process is now closed.
As part of the package of COVID supports for higher and further education institutions, the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science allocated funding to support disadvantaged students in the higher education sector in accessing ICT devices.
Under this scheme undergradute or postgraduate students may be eligible to receive a laptop, on long-term loan, in order to assist with online learning. The scheme is currently closed for applications.
The NUI Galway Laptop Loan scheme is available to you this academic year if you need to borrow a laptop for your studies and meet the eligibility criteria. This scheme is open to new and continuing NUI Galway students.
- To be eligible for a laptop you must be registered as a full or part-time student in 2020-21 and be from a low-income household, with gross annual income below €49,840.
- Eligibility will be on a needs basis, prioritised as appropriate by NUI Galway. In all cases, NUI Galway must be satisfied that a student who receives a device under this grant has demonstrated a verifiable need for such a device e.g. they are from one of the identified target groups and they or their family do not have the means to purchase such a device themselves.
Allocation of devices will be based on the target groups identified in the National Plan for Equity of Access to Higher Education 2015-2019:
- Students disadvantaged by socio-economic barriers
- First-time mature students
- Students with disabilities
- Part-time/flexible learning students
- Students who hold further education qualifications
- Students who are members of the Traveller and Roma communities.
- Students who are lone parents
- Students who are members of ethnic minorities
- Non-EU fee-paying students, Erasmus and Study Abroad students are not eligible to apply to this scheme.
- Students who are not taking a programme which is leading to a full NUI Galway award (e.g. those taking single modules only) are not eligible.
Student applicants will be asked to provide evidence of their SUSI grant or means-tested social welfare payment to prove eligibility.
Applications are now closed.
For Further Information:
Successful applicants will recieve an email informing them of the date and time they have been allocated to collect their laptop. They will also revieve copies of the Acceptance Form and set up instructions, which can be viewed below.