Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Our Vision for Our Partners
To expand our dynamic network of partners to develop strong, mutually-beneficial relationships that extend our influence and reach
Industry, Business and Professions
- Deepen our links with business and industry, professional and State bodies, and community and cultural agencies for mutual benefit
- Identify and deliver supports required by SMEs, based on regional need and institutional capacity
- Value and support staff who engage with industry, the community, cultural organisations, the State sector, and professional bodies
- Support businesses and employers through providing strong executive education and continuing professional development programmes
City and Region
- Play a wider role as a civic leader in the cultural, social, intellectual and economic development of our City
- Lead Galway’s bid for European Capital of Culture 2020
- Fully incorporate St Angela’s College, Sligo, and Shannon College of Hotel Management into the University
- Work within our regional cluster to progress programme rationalisation, the identification of institutional specialisation, and new programme development
- Open our campus to the wider community and tourism through a year-round public programme of cultural events, exhibitions and activities, and the further development of our Cultural Campus Trail
- Support musical and theatrical performance for students, staff and the wider community through new and existing partnerships
- Develop a strategy to integrate our outreach and student recruitment activities
- Promote engagement of younger students with education, science and technology through a range of school outreach initiatives, including our Youth Academy
- Partner with relevant national bodies and sporting associations to support elite athletes and boost participation rates in individual and team sports
Measures of Success
- ‘Industry and Innovation Hub’ established to serve as primary point of contact between industry, employers and the University
- Inclusion of employers, professionals or community partners on at least 75% of programme and/or advisory boards
- Economic Impact Study measuring the University’s impact on the economic life of the city and surrounding region
- Full incorporation of Shannon College of Hotel Management and St Angela’s College, Sligo achieved
- 20% increase in applications from high quality applicants for sports and creative arts performance points schemes
- A series of cultural initiatives, such as a traditional music residency, established in collaboration with local, regional and national partners