Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Across a range of programmes NUI Galway students have opportunities to develop leadership skills and enhance their personal development with communities of fellow students.
LIFT is an 8 week programme, about 30-40 minutes a week students engage in a small group roundtable online and complete an 8 part leadership development programme:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Positive Attitude
- Dedication and Determination
- Empathy and Understanding
Link to Sign Up
Click here on this form to sign up to a LIFT group for Semester Two.
Email LIFT@nuigalway.ie for further information.
LiFT Facilitator Role
Congratulations to the 200 NUI Galway Student Facilitators now trained in the LIFT Method!
Role of a LiFT Student Facilitator
As a facilitator students are trained in the LiFT programme, through a 4 hour training session. Facilitators then lead their own roundtable group for 8 weeks as volunteers and contribute to reflection and development of LiFT at NUI Galway.
Students benefit from being trained as a LiFT Facilitator in many ways:
- Completion of the Facilitation training will earn you the LiFT Facilitation Certificate in recognition.
- Completion of the 8 week programme you will earn the LiFT Participant Certificate in recognition.
Why be a LiFT Facilitator?
- You get to focus on your leadership & facilitation skills and develop them over 8 weeks.
- You will have a practical way to practice leadership in a virtual world!
- You get to meet new people that are also interested in building their leadership skills.
- You will be exposed to new experiences, opportunities and fresh ideas.
- Students embody the 8 areas of leadership furthering community values and impacting society.
- You can add this as evidence of improving your leadership skills on your CV.
- A wide range of personal and professional benefits.
How to be a LiFT Facilitator?
The brilliant aspect of LiFT is that being a facilitator is really well supported! The programme comes with a workbook with step-by-step instructions and the entire programme is scripted. This means that your role as Facilitator is a great opportunity to build practice and confidence in facilitating a group, in a safe, structured and guided way. You do not need to come up with group content, or manage a group - instead you get to focus on the experience.
So if you are thinking "I am not sure I can do it" we know you can - we believe in you. The programme is powerful and uses plain and simple approaches and languages to be accessible to all.