NUI Galway Opens Its Doors For Open Day 2014
Tuesday, 25 March 2014
Pat Lam, Head Coach of Connacht Rugby will be among the speakers at Open Day, the perfect opportunity for students and parents to experience life at NUI Galway
NUI Galway invites all CAO applicants, both undergraduate and mature students, to the annual Open Day on Saturday, 5 April from 10am to 3pm. Open Day is an excellent opportunity for students, along with their parents and families, to explore NUI Galway’s facilities and to learn first-hand from the lecturers themselves about the more than 60 courses on offer.
Lecturers and current students will be on hand to talk to students and parents at the main Exhibition area in the Bailey Allen Hall, with over 80 subject-specific exhibition stands. The ‘Parents Programme’ will provide parents and students with information on important issues such as fees and funding, careers, accommodation and support services for students.
To get the most out of your day visitors are encouraged to view the timetable of talks at www.nuigalway.ie/opendays
Talk Highlights include:
- New Scholarship Schemes for 2014 - CAO Performance Points Scholarships in Sports and Arts, and all you need to know about Excellence Scholarships.
- A guest appearance and talk about Sports at NUI Galway with Pat Lam, Connacht Rugby Head Coach.
- Career talks - “Where are the jobs? What are my employment prospects after University?”
Taster sessions designed to give a real insight into studying at NUI Galway will include:
- Physics - A brilliant career from lasers to the Universe.
- Take a 3-D tour of the Universe with The Centre for Astronomy, which will take visitors on a trip from the earth to nearby starts, across our Galaxy to groups of stars, and finally through the whole Universe.
- Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences – Introduction to the Healthcare Programmes.
- Arts – BA Connect Programme in Drama, Theatre and Performance studies.
Caroline Loughnane, Director of Marketing and Communications at NUI Galway, said: "Choosing a university is one of the most important decisions a student will ever make and parents play a key role in supporting students as they take this important next step. Open Day is the perfect opportunity for parents to ensure they have access to all of the information they need to support sons and daughters through their university career. We are encouraging anyone with an interest in studying at NUI Galway to come along, talk to our lecturers and current students, find out about the courses, explore the campus and decide for yourself whether NUI Galway feels right for you. Open Day has proved invaluable in the past to many students, particularly those considering their options before the CAO change of mind deadline of 1 July.”
Tours of the campus will feature the state-of the-art sports complex and gym, and the new Engineering Building. Tours of student accommodation will also be available to visitors on the day, with the tour shuttle bus departing regularly from outside the Orbsen Building. Guided walking tours of the main campus will also take place throughout the afternoon.
To plan your day in advance and receive a programme on Open Day 2014 visit www.nuigalway.ie/opendays, phone +353 91 494145 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Author: Marketing & Communications, NUI Galway
T +353 (0)91 493361
Visit our press centre
Connect & share
Connect with us:
20 October 2014
NUI Galway Honour Leaving Certificate Excellence
17 October 2014
Autumn Conferrings at NUI Galway
15 October 2014
Law Lecturer Appointed by Government to Working Group on Asylum
15 October 2014
NUI Galway Exhibition on German Artist Caspar Walter Rauh