Bachelor of Commerce (International with Spanish)
College of Business, Public Policy, & Law
What our lecturers say
Commerce(International - Spanish)
What our students say
Studying Commerce(International - Spanish)
Commerce with Spanish allows students to further their language skills and live abroad while gaining valuable experience of international business. It is the ideal qualification for students who want to build a career in another European Union country or in an international firm.
Minimum Grade HC3 in two subjects and passes in four other subjects at H or O level in the Leaving Certificate, including Irish, English, another language, Mathematics and any two other subjects recognised for entry purposes.
For Leaving Certificate - HC1 in a modern European language other than Irish or English
For A-Levels - Grade C in a continental language
Next start date: September 2015
Entry points(2014): 470
A Level Grades (2014): AAA (A-Level) & a (AS) or equivalent combination
Average intake: 15
Course Outline - Year 1
- Principles of Microeconomics/Macroeconomics
- Introduction to Management Accounting/Financial Accounting
- Business Information Systems and Management
- Mathematics and Statistics for Business
- Introduction to Marketing
- Introduction to Management
Course Outline - Year 2
- Statistical Methods for Business
- Action Marketing
- Managerial Economics
- Management Accounting I
- Organisational Behaviour
- Business Finance I or Employment Relations
- Macroeconomics or Business Law
- Plus one optional subject from the following:
- Management Information Systems
Course Outline - Year 3
Students follow courses in languages and business studies at a university in Spain.
Course Outline - Year 4
- Ireland in the Global Economy
- Strategic Management
- Innovation, Creativity and Enterprise
- Plus a number of courses from the following:
- Management of Human Resources
- Management Information Systems
Graduates of this programme have found employment in: EU institutions, accounting, management consultancy, marketing, human resource management, finance (including banking & insurance), and economic policy advisory services.
Fees for this course
EU (Total): €5,822 p.a. 2015/14 (Inclusive of Levy & SCC)
- Tuition: €2,598 p.a. 2015/16
- Student contribution: €3,000 p.a. 2015/16
- Student levy: €224 p.a. 2015/16
Non-EU (Total): €12,750 p.a. 2015/16
EU Fees 2015/16:
- Tuition: may be paid by the Irish Government on your behalf if you qualify for free tuition fees see - free fee initiative.
- Student Contribution: €3,000 - payable by all students but may by paid by SUSI if you apply and are deemed eligible for a means tested SUSI grant.
- Student Levy: €224 - payable by all students and is not covered by SUSI.
B Comm (International)
"...I chose the B Comm International with German at NUI Galway. Being in a global business world also means that having a language other than English is very important. The B Comm International has definitely helped me develop my language and business skills. Along with learning all the important business terms in German, I also improved my writing and spelling skills in German. The course coordinator was fantastic. She gave us so much help and advice. All the lecturers were always very approachable and helpful..."