About the University
With over 17,000 students and more than 2,200 staff, NUI Galway has a distinguished reputation for teaching and research excellence in the fields of arts, social science, and celtic studies; business, public policy and law; engineering and informatics; medicine, nursing and health sciences; and science.
Top class courses
NUI Galway offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees and diplomas of international standard, which provide students with opportunities for personal and academic development, as well as giving them the knowledge and skills they need to pursue successful careers.
Best career opportunities
The University's approach to innovative programme development means that courses are developed to reflect the ever-changing needs of the job market and the economy.
Read the latest news about NUI Galway
- 17,000 students.
- 2,000 international students from 92 countries.
- 2,400 staff members.
- 120 links with universities across the globe.
- 90,000 alumni in 107 countries.
NUI Galway is:
- Ireland's top University for student retention - Sunday Times 2011.
- Irelands's top Univerisity for graduate employability with 96% of our graduates employed or in further study within six months of graduating.
NUI Galway is world leading for research in:
- Biomedical Science and Engineering
- Web Science
- Human Rights
- Marine Science, Energy and Environmental Science
- Applied Social Sciences and Public Policy
Humanities, in particular literature, Theatre and Irish Studies
NUI Galway was awarded the QS Five star rating - 2012